Find Music City Moms on Facebook Follow Music City Moms on Twitter Follow Music City Moms on Pinterest
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Birthday Party Drop-off

Re: Birthday Party Drop-off 28 Feb 2013 22:14 #7

• torymk
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Our group at Pre K has been inviting each other to the different 5th birthday parties. The first where parents were allowed to drop off (specified on invitation) was at a Glow Galaxy and only two parents did it. The rest of us stayed.
The second time a drop off party was arranged it was a home party. You could tell all of us were a little hesitant at first but we eventually left off after being invited into the home and seeing the space our kids would be in. Also we are all know/familiar with each other to some extent and I think that makes a difference.
Dropping off at a home with no knowledge of the parents would still be a bit of a leap for me.
A three year old being dropped off- I think you were taken advantage of. That was crazy.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Birthday Party Drop-off 01 Mar 2013 19:26 #8

My kids are 3 1/2 and 1, so, haven't really had to think about this yet. But, I think it's going to be a long time before I can just drop them off somewhere. Too much going on in the world these days.
Laura Swanson
Independent Stylist with Stella & Dot
email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Facebook: www.facebook.com/stelladotlauraswanson

Re: Birthday Party Drop-off 01 Mar 2013 20:40 #9

• Mom2LOL
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 40
My thinking is that if my kid still wants/tolerates me around, I want to be there. Call me crazy, but I really like watching my kids experience new things. I know the time will come when my kids won't want me to be there, but as M2MM said, "what's the rush?" So until my son, or daughter, says "leave," I'll probably be there.
  • Page: