Find Music City Moms on Facebook Follow Music City Moms on Twitter Follow Music City Moms on Pinterest
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: School legislation and politics

School legislation and politics 01 Mar 2013 15:47 #1

• annemariedf
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I know people have lots of various opinions on these topics, but if you are a parent opposed to the idea of private school vouchers and opposed to charter schools being able to bypass the local school board for approval, please check out this network for more information and ways to get involved:

strongcommunityschools.wordpress.com/

www.facebook.com/StrongCommunitySchools
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leisa

Re: School legislation and politics 01 Mar 2013 16:40 #2

• Mom2LOL
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 40
Thank you. I feel completely uneducated on this topic and really do need to look into all sides of this topic.

Is there a basic reason for why you, or others, are opposed to the idea of vouchers and/or charter schools?

Re: School legislation and politics 02 Mar 2013 00:48 #3

• Jayne
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
I'm opposed to public money being used to fund private schools. That's why I'm against vouchers. I'm not opposed to all charters, but I think the decision should be a local one. Also people should research and understand how charters and public schools differ. Public school teachers have their hands tied by LOTS of rules. Charters and private schools don't have as many. It makes a difference. Private schools and charters can send difficult to teach and disruptive students back to their zoned public school. Public schools are sort of stuck with any and all--whether they are easy or incredibly hard to teach. Taking money away from already underfunded public schools will just be horrible!
  • Page: